Question:
what do you people think about the UN trying to close detaniee ops in GTMO?
2006-03-24 08:18:39 UTC
Okay, listening to the news about how they think holding terrorists "prisoners" is wrnog and how were just killing and abusing them, but do you think they think about all the Innocent Americans and other people that these terrorist have killed or how many of them were part of groups who were planning attacks. Maybe Im alone but they deserve to be here. They are not different than our own people in USA. that kill others, and plus they are treated better than our own people. Whats the problem?
Six answers:
2006-03-24 08:34:00 UTC
They dexserve to be there...How do we know we have the right "theys" when "they" never go to trail and never have legal counsel. It may be that many of the prisoners are guilty of nothing more then being Arab. They should have some day in court and if they are the terrorists that you suspect we should hang them on the spot. However no government, especially the USA (land of the free and home of the brave) should be allowed to keep people detained, forever, without at least leveling some formal charges. Out Govt. got virtually everything wrong in our response to terrorisim. If the pre-war intelligence was completely wrong (as our president now claims) why should we blindly trust the same intelligence community when we are told that every detainee is a terrorist with blood soaked hands. It's a sad day when America is the world leader in imprisoning people without hope for trail, without an opportunity to hear the charges against them, without legal counsel, without contact with family and friends. It is so unamerican that we only do it away from our shores.
2006-03-24 11:28:43 UTC
I think the UN should mind its own business. They are the most inept agency in the world. I think those prisoners at GITMO should be there, they are terrorist and a threat to our country. As long as they prisoners they are not killing Americans.
GordoBGoode
2006-03-24 08:22:05 UTC
The UN doesn't care about America. They avoid conflict at all costs, and, in the end, end up causing more suffering. They're basically Europe pre-WWII.
?
2016-12-18 15:53:39 UTC
include them. although, its a human tendancy to push away people who attempt to get close. people build partitions around themselves because of the fact they have been harm in the previous and are afraid to enable others in. now and returned, I hate being human.
khansaab
2006-03-24 09:00:04 UTC
UN is doing what it is supposed to be doing.
bullcitydon
2006-03-24 08:23:17 UTC
Shoot them all and close down GTMO.