Question:
What do you guys think about the man from Afghanistan who convert to Christian ??
ulwin
2006-03-31 01:20:54 UTC
Does he really believe in Jesus as God after understanding Islam? (In Islam, Jesus simply is a prophet of God like Moses and Mohamed).
Fifteen answers:
2006-04-10 21:21:30 UTC
ATTENTION: This is the first and only time that you will ever hear an educated Afghan discuss this topic. Please pay attention. The man who converted would never have been killed, but the media jumped onto the possibility of it to fuel further fire between East/West. Yes, there are pockets of extremism left in Afghanistan, but killing a convert is not an explicit instruction in the Koran. Ask any Islamic scholar whom is not on CNN and they will tell you that. Furthermore, it should be noted that this extremism/blasphemy did not exist 30 years ago in Afghanistan, and was fueled by fundamentalist intervention in Afghanistan by Pakistan and right-wing Saudis, (both of whom were heavily funded by the U.S. during the 1990's). These pockets of fundamentalism in the current (U.S. formed) government in Afghanistan are there because of the fact that Pakistan still has a strong hold on the Afghan people thanks to their strong support by US. The real villain is our best friend, yet the victims are as usual: the scapegoats of Afghanistan. And one more point, not that this matters, but I heard that the gentleman may have had a mental illness, though it may have been a clever way to escape death, even this would have just been enough to set him free so that the government would know that his move was not an attempt to "intentionally" insult the state of a transitional government. Please understand that if you look for hatred or look for anger, you will always find it. Final thought: because Allah is the Arab word for God, an Arab Christian could believe in Allah, and therefore since I am an Afghan American Muslim, I believe in GOD. So God bless all of you, no matter what your personal views may hold.
2006-03-31 03:52:47 UTC
it does appear that way. He wouldn't have faced the idea of death if he wasn't absolutely sure. There is a man bound by his convictions and true to the faith that he has found and I respect him for that. I wonder if some of us can do that. Risk death for our beliefs. I hope he can find asylum here in Europe where he will be safer. I just feel bad that his family was the one ratting him out and now because of this is alone.
?
2016-11-12 09:46:19 UTC
In Islam, between the most important sins is replacing from Islam to a unique faith. those Muslims are incorrect by ability of threatening to kill this guy in spite of the undeniable fact that. This guy has a suitable to do inspite of he needs. If he switched over to Christianity, this is as a lot as God to verify his punishment, no longer human beings. so that they ought to not be doing this. those men are enthusiasts, that is why they hate this guy. average muslims ought to haven't any mission with this.
Libertarians 4 real choice
2006-03-31 01:46:06 UTC
Interesting that the practitioners of the "religion of peace" want to kill someone for a peaceful decision, essentially a "thought crime". While at the same time, they riot and kill over a cartoon or over an erroneous report that someone threw a Koran in the toilet. I thought we overthrew the Taliban. Is this any better?
kenfitameen
2006-03-31 01:32:59 UTC
Does it matter? if he is escaping Afghanistan to avoid persecution of any sort he should be allowed to. He will soon wonder where his god is when he touches down in Italy and discovers he is surrounded by fascists and has been taken in purely as a political pawn. We will soon find out his true values as Burlesconi will be keen to parade him on one of the tv channels he owns...
alsiny129
2006-03-31 11:31:48 UTC
I believe this man is living his faith. In the book of Acts in the bible he reminds me of Stephen when he was in trail in front of all the Jews for believing in Jesus and the way.

I pray more Christians in Afghanistan will brave enough to stand up to what they believe.
Dr. Jay
2006-04-10 22:16:09 UTC
If there should be no compulsion in religion, then this man is free to choose, and he has chosen. He has a mind and a heart, and should be given all respect for being human - LET HIM BE!!
2006-03-31 01:43:21 UTC
Islam = peace, That is a joke. He turned form it so kill him. Jesus is love he never hurt any one. That mohamed guy

killed many and raped many more even small girls. Why would you worship a man like that?
2006-03-31 01:27:16 UTC
Thank God. He is on the road to truth, and the truth set him free. I guess he was one of the chosen ones the Bible speaks of to do a complete turn about face, God must have opened his eyes and ears.
2006-03-31 01:24:56 UTC
Jews have converted. so why not a muslem. God is still God. and Mohamad was 800 years after Christ it could be that the person decided that Mohamad was the profit and christ was the son.
bigtalltom
2006-03-31 01:24:30 UTC
it would appear as though he does really believe in Jesus. His beliefs are his business, good for him for having his own and not just going along with everyone around him.

I never understood why religious people can't process people thinking differently than them.
2006-03-31 01:36:26 UTC
What I find disturbing is that people think he should be killed because he left Islam.

And you say Islam is a religion of peace and tolerance?
ringmaster1945
2006-04-11 05:12:18 UTC
Just goes to show there is little tolerance in their way of life.Extremest seem to believe they will gain instant access to heaven by killing "us infidels".
faithfullyyours
2006-04-10 00:59:09 UTC
simple answer here it is not for us to judge rather between the person and Jesus we can not answer for anyone as no one can answer for us
Dark Crystel
2006-03-31 01:25:02 UTC
he is some dumb who didn't understand Islam from the 1st place