Question:
Any ideas why people are still being killed due to muhammed cartoons?
pfr305
2006-02-19 17:04:58 UTC
Being offended is one thing. But murder and destruction over cartoons? Im curious what people think about this.
Ten answers:
Mr Hawk
2006-02-19 17:07:03 UTC
I'm thinking that the muslims are being a bit stupid about the whole thing, I'm a Christian and if Jesus was painted that way I would be annoyed but killing people over it? That's rather extreme.
sharron_4
2006-02-20 01:13:29 UTC
Its all about religion.

Because religion is the foundation of the human psyche. It is the thing matters most in a human being from the time of conception to his death.

Religion plays an important role in humans, if there would be no respect for this then the world will really be in chaos, i saw the cartoons, and I am not a muslim, it was really offending. Its not about free press or freedoom of speech its about respect.

Same thing how other stints potray christ. Like in South Park cartoons, they potray christ as a radical neighboor. Or put christ in the modern society, or movies The Last Temptation of Christ and of course the Da Vinci Code Book.
2006-02-20 01:14:25 UTC
You must understand that in Eastern Society religion is a way of life. They fashion their whole world and being around their religious teaching. They do not simply see this caricature as a meaningless cartoon, they see it as ridicule and a direct attack on their way of life. Strange that none of us Americans felt that it was silly to retaliate for 911. Let's wake up and be a little more sensitive to others feelings. Please remember 911 was the first attack on our homeland since Pearl Harbor. These people endure bloody battles everyday. The carton of milk we take for granted will be in the store, when we chose to go buy it, is a luxury many of these people haven't had in many years. Thank God for our blessings and let's stop being so judgmental and intolerant towards others beliefs.
2006-02-20 01:57:45 UTC
To me its quite stupid protest because someone protrayed them as radicals and then act like a radical protesting. Im really sorry i dont agree with the cartoons but the reaction to them was to harsh
chivarayada1111
2006-02-20 01:08:37 UTC
What if somebody draws pictures of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. in stupid poses? That's racism. What if somebody draws pictures of jews stealing? That's anti-semitism. What if somebody draws pictures of a muslim holy man? Oh, they need to lighten up and get a sense of humor.
BIKERBILL
2006-02-20 01:19:38 UTC
They're just keeping the fires burning until the time for new CRUSADES to begin.
lady
2006-02-20 01:13:16 UTC
noone being killed due to muhammed cartoons. he is a prophet of peace and he beloved by all muslimes because they know him and know every thing about his massege and his enimes want to make a bad picture of him.i am a muslim girl send me your email .my email is(ladia 1989@yahoo.com)
one lil sexi
2006-02-20 01:10:25 UTC
i`m thinking the muslims were offended.

and i don`t think it`s fair to just blame them when they are the scape goats for EVERYTHING lately.

seriously, people need to grown up and have some respect. i mean everyone in this whole situation...
melissa
2006-02-20 01:05:54 UTC
It makes them look like fools now.
witchmoon27
2006-02-20 01:10:52 UTC
I think they're using it as an excuse for excessive violence.